Welcome to our church!!
Third Avenue United Church has a lot to offer you on Sunday as well as during the week.
Our fall clubs will resume in September. We have many to choose from. Have you thought about joining in on one of many activities? Why not try something new, learn a skill, make a friend, get out of the house, share your talents:
- Knit and Crochet . . Weekly Monday evenings 7:00p.m. Started on September 7.
- Choir . . Practice Weekly Thursday Evenings 7:30p.m. Starts on September 10. Sing in Church every Sunday - Warm-up 10:00a.m.
- Church School Kick Off on Sunday September 13 during the service followed by our annual Corn Roast and Hot Dog Lunch. Church School is held every Sunday during the service.
- United Church Women (UCW) . . Third Tuesday of every Month 2:00p.m. Starts on September 15
- Youth Game Group . . To Be Announced
- Youth Group (Ages 12 - 18) . . To Be Announced
- Men's Breakfast . . First Saturday of every Month 8:00a.m. Grainfield's on Circle Dr.
- Ladies Breakfast . . Last Saturday of every Month 8:30a.m. Tomas Cook on Idylwyld Dr.
If you would like more information about an activity or if you would like to start up a brand new activity please contact the church office Tuesday to Friday at 306-652-6812.
Christmas Letter from the Board Chair
Dear friends and family of Third Avenue United Church,
The past year has been our year of revival. After much hard work by the Board, Vision Committee and our staff, and the cooperation of River Bend Presbytery, we have managed to achieve the financial stability that we have so long sought. It has been a long road, but it is not yet the end.
To ensure our future, we must now concentrate on a growth strategy for our congregation and, in doing so, focus on our role as a caring church in our downtown community. And that is my theme for this year’s Christmas letter.
Thanks to the proceeds we have set aside, our Community Fund is an important element of our community commitment and, just as importantly, our engagement with our community.
Seder Ritual and Kosher Potluck Supper
Easter Sonrise Service
On the riverbank across from Knox
Easter Potluck Breakfast
Easter Sunday Service
Youth Game Night
Open to anyone ages 12-18 (Free)
Annual Ham Supper
The Mission of Third Avenue United Church is to reach out with love and provide a welcoming place, especially for downtown people. We offer strength, courage, and support in a safe nurturing environment.
we have created a Community Fund with an initial principal of $500.000. While we have paid or have made commitments for much of that initial fund, we intend to replenish as best we can and, in the meantime, we still have a significant amount available to support this community initiative.
Weekly volunteers are needed for ushering and scripture readers. You may volunteer as many times as you would like. To volunteer please sign up on the sheets downstairs on the bulletin board or you may contact the church office.
A volunteer list is being started in the church office for anyone interested in volunteering at concerts or major events like the many suppers we hold throughout the year. If you would like to be on this list please contact Raycine.